About Me

Dublin / Galway, Ireland
As many of you know, I am spending 7 weeks of this summer in Ireland, studying abroad with USAC. This blog is for me to share my travels, feelings and experiences with everyone. Hope you enjoy :)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

School... I guess that is why I came here...

So this week I've been pretty busy but not of the exciting kind. School started this week so I'm going to combine the past few days into one big unexciting blog. Hopefully I can keep it a little interesting :)

Well Monday we finally got to sleep in (a first since we got here). It was so nice sleeping in then I just lounged around until we had our orientation. The orientation was pretty typical, these are classes, this is your schedule, these are the rules... you get the picture (I'll spare you the details).

After orientation we headed to the book store to get some books and binders, and I got a NUIG (National University of Ireland, Galway) sweatshirt as well. We then found a little cafe that had Afterwards we went shopping at a grocery store, and I made my first alcohol purchase in a store (rebel, I know)! We then took a taxi back from the grocery store, finished unpacking, and got our drink on. We went downtown to a pub called the King's Head and they were playing live music which was really fun, of course the place wasn't very happening (it was a Monday night), so we called it good early to get some sleep for classes the next morning.

I had 2 classes on Tuesday, my Gaelic Language class and my Irish History class. Both were very interesting, and I'm really looking forward to learning more for the duration of the classes. However, it seems like a lot to do in only 5 weeks. After class 5 of us went downtown to do some shopping and to dinner, then we dropped by a pub for an Irish coffee and then called it a day. Pretty uneventful, as I warned.

And on to today. I had only one class today and was done by 11:30, which was really nice! One of the other girls and I went into town to do some shopping and to get a little more acquainted with the area. We walked around different souvenir shops and a couple clothing stores (don't worry mom, I refrained from the clothes) and I got a couple really great things for friends and family. Then we went out to lunch at this place that was a little busy so we thought it'd be good... boy were we wrong! Everything was so greasy that we got instant stomach aches! We ate as much as we could then headed for home (Corrib Village) on the bus. Luckily we took the bus because it started raining!

Since then I've been working on homework, catching up on my journal, and my blog. So not too exciting. The first week in Galway will be pretty boring and I don't have any pictures yet. However, we start field trips and tours this weekend, so my life in Ireland is bound to get more exciting! Thanks for reading, and more (and better) stories are to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment