About Me

Dublin / Galway, Ireland
As many of you know, I am spending 7 weeks of this summer in Ireland, studying abroad with USAC. This blog is for me to share my travels, feelings and experiences with everyone. Hope you enjoy :)

Monday, June 14, 2010

Departure is Quickly Approaching!

Well, I have 8 days until my flight leaves from SFO. There is so much to do in the little time I have left before I leave, and time just keeps ticking. I'm not sure exactly how I'm feeling, it's kind of a slough of emotions: happy, excited, anxious, nervous, scared, and a little sad.

I am happy, excited, and anxious to see and experience things so much bigger than me. I am going to a country that I have never been to, on a continent I have never been to and I get to explore for 7 weeks! What an amazing opportunity and I am so thankful that I get to go on this journey. I've been communicating with fellow students going on this trip as well through Facebook, and all of which seem like incredible people and I cannot wait to meet them! Just thinking about it makes me want to jump around with excitement. I mean come on, how many people get the opportunity to do this at such a young age. At times I really can't believe that I am doing this because it seems too good to be true! But I know it's not, and I am doing this!

Now for the nervous, scared and a little sad part. It almost feels as if I'm moving out of my family's house and to college for the first time again. I'm just not sure what to expect, I can imagine all I want but I know it's not going to be how I see it in my mind. I'm scared to be away from my family, boyfriend and friends for 7 weeks with limited communication! I think this trip will help me realize how much they all mean to me, but at the same time help me to become a bit more independent. I'm sad to be leaving them, but honesty... the positives of this trip far out way anything that I am worried for.

Bottom line is I leave in 1 week, ready or not. I am ready for the time of my life and I am hoping to come back a better and more well rounded person in 8 weeks. This is the journey of a lifetime...

No comments:

Post a Comment